Latest News from the Rector
Dear Church Family,
We would love to see you at one of our services but if you are not able to join us then there will be a livestream of the service on our Facebook page.
New This Advent !
Thursday Communion in Advent 2, 9 and 16 December 12.00 noon at All Saints
Three simple 30-minute Holy Communion services for Advent. Note the time and place which are different from the old Thursday Communion service. Please wear a face covering unless you are exempt. Bring a packed lunch and we’ll put the kettle on afterwards. If these Advent services prove popular, we hope to reintroduce a regular midweek Communion service in the new year.
Information Regarding our Services
Some people are more cautious than others when it comes to Covid restrictions, either by nature or for personal medical reasons. For that reason we are ‘doing church differently’ at each of the three regular Sunday services to offer a choice:
8.30 am fortnightly at All Saints Our most ‘careful’ service. No singing. We ask that everyone wears a face covering unless exempt. Holy Communion (bread only) will be distributed in the pews for the time being.
10.30 am at All Saints Our ‘middle’ response. The service will include singing. Face coverings are ‘expected and recommended’ in line with government recommendations. When there is Holy Communion, the bread will be distributed at the rail and by the font, standing rather than kneeling.
10.30 am at St Andrew’s Our most ‘relaxed’ approach. The service will include singing. All-age worship every week, so face coverings are a matter of personal choice, in line with schools. When there is Holy Communion, the bread will be distributed at the rail, standing rather than kneeling. We will have fewer chairs, with more space than usual between the rows.
At all services
· If you would like to ask other people to keep their distance, there will be cards available which you can place on the pew or chair next to you to say, ‘Please give me space.’
· Please avoid shaking hands or hugging anyone beyond your family ‘bubble’ e.g. during The Peace.
· We do not plan to offer refreshments for the time being.
· We will not offer prayer ministry until we have seen how everything is working out.
· The sign-in sheets have been removed but the QR codes will remain for those who use the NHS app.
· There will be a bowl for the offering by the door on the way in - and also on the way out!
· We will do our best to keep the buildings well-ventilated.
Other things to be aware of
· We will continue to livestream one of the 10.30 am services via the church Facebook page.
· Many families had to postpone the baptism of their children during lockdown so there will be quite a few baptism services over the next few months (2nd Sundays at All Saints and 3rd Sundays at St Andrew’s). We will encourage our guests to fit in with the arrangements but it can’t be guaranteed that they will do so.
Service leaders, churchwardens and welcomers will be on hand to help, and I’ve no doubt that the arrangements will be tweaked and adjusted as the weeks go by. Thank you very much for your patience.